ISLAND VIEW CORP., values its customers ('you") and respects their privacy. We collect certain personal information about you so that we can provide you the services you request, improve your shopping experience and communicate with you about our brand, our products, services, contests and promotions.
- Information We Collect
- Using Information We Collect
- Managing Your Personal Information
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect information (including your name, postal addresses, billing address, telephone number, email address, gender, birthday, product preferences and purchase history) when you engage in any of the activities listed below:
- Make a purchase at one of our Island View Retail Stores in Canada.
- Subscribe to or verbally request to receive our emails.
- When participation in a contest or promotion, we may collect personal information, such as a contest winner's name, city of residence, and prize winnings information in order to award prizes and promote such contests. This information may be published in connection with contests.
- Contest participants will be offered opportunities to receive additional materials on the brand when consent is given once you have 'opt-in' and express consent is given.
- From time to time, we may obtain an individual's consent to use the individual's contact information to provide periodic newsletters or updates, announcements and special promotions regarding Island View products and services.
- Participate in a marketing survey, promotion, or event.
- Participate in Island View Corp. social media events and activities.
- Application for an employment opportunity (such as that contained in a resume, cover letter, or similar employment-related materials). We use submitted personal information as is reasonably required to assess the individual's eligibility and to assess the individual's suitability for employment at Island View Corp., as well as to process the application and respond to the individual.
- The "Send to a Friend" and other similar features on our invites and store promotions, permit an individual to send the email to others. This feature requires an individual to submit their name and email address, as well as the name and email address of the recipient. We do not use the names or email addresses submitted in these circumstances for any other purpose without the consent of the individual or the email recipient to do so.
- When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint, you may be asked for information that identifies you (such as your name, address and a phone number) along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comment or complaint. We may also retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service and product and service offerings.
- Island View Corp. may otherwise use customer information for additional purposes that are identified at or before the time that the information is used for such additional purposes.
USING INFORMATION WE COLLECT
To provide you with the best possible customer service experience, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- Communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, or other means about our products, services, contests, and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications.
- Administer and fulfill our contest and other promotions.
- Help us address problems with and improve our products and services.
- Enhance your shopping experience.
- Send you Island View - Lilly Pulitzer emails.
- Protect the security and integrity of our websites and our business.
- Contact you.
- Improve our merchandise selection and customer service.
You have the option not to receive marketing information or calls. For instructions on option out, please see the section entitled, "Managing your Personal Information" below.
MANAGING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Island View Corp. will not disclose, trade, rent, sell or otherwise transfer personal information for purposes other than as those set out herein, except with an individual's consent or as required or permitted by law.
- You can review your personal information at any time. We want to communicate with you, only if you want to hear from us. Island View Corp. provides a choice in communication for customers so you can receive information from us at your discretion. We may communicate with our customers by promotional email, postal mailings, social media, texts and telephone.
- Alternatively, if you do not want to receive promotional emails that notify you of new product arrivals, exclusive offers, upcoming events, store openings and the like, simply click the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of any Island View - Lily Pulitzer email.
Island View Corp. has implemented measures designed to protect against the theft, loss, unauthorized access, use, disclosure and alteration of personal information in our custody and control with security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, including through the use of reasonable physical, organizational, and technological safeguards and appropriate training of employees.
- Island View Corp. third party service providers are obligated to maintain confidentiality and security of the personal information transferred to them and are not authorized to use such information other than to provide the services or as otherwise permitted by law.
ISLAND VIEW CORP.
29 GURNEY CRESCENT
TORONTO, ON M6B 1S9